Sunday 20 July 2014

Ohh I just don't know anymore...



This one's a commission that needs to be finished by 2nd August and I am  JUST.  SO.  NOT.  FEELING.  IT.

Firstly, the person who requested it saw a nautical sort of one I'd done and said "one like that, please!" which is awkward, since I don't really like repeating myself, but I agreed, and she said she wanted me to incorporate some of the little boy's old clothes into the pattern, so I said of course, but please make sure they are cotton and not jersey.  Naturally she brought me a pile of polo shirts.  Ah well, you can always iron on a bit of interfacing, so I did, and then I had to work out how to work the green and yellow shirts into a red, white and blue colour scheme.

I decided to get into some of my best remnants to try to gee myself up a bit about it, so there's some lovely white stars on blue, and some from the quilt I made my son when he was two, and even the very last bits of my Cath Kidston cowboys.  I'm not sure about the colour balance of the layout yet, but I can have a fiddle with it tomorrow and with any luck I can get it sewn up by the end of the week.

But then, I've said that before...  yipes.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment