Saturday 2 August 2014

Two quilts, quilted. Binding tomorrow. And now, a spot of tea.

It's the summer holidays, and if sewing time is hard to come by, blogging time has entirely disappeared - by the time Trainboy is in bed I can barely string a sentence together.  But I am here, I am here at last, and after a full day of sewing, too:



These two are quilt tops that have languished in a to-be-finished pile for many months.  When the Husband decided to go off for a weekend (riding bikes, naturally), he very decently arranged for Grandma & Grandad to take Trainboy off my hands for a night while he was away, and I set to with the sewing machine pretty much as soon as I'd waved them goodbye.  After roughly 7 hours of sewing, these two now only need binding and they're done!

The one on the left is quite small, but the pink one is single-bed sized.  I've backed it with a thrifted wool blanket, too, so we'll see how that looks after washing - I'm quite intrigued to find out.

I also managed to finish off the quilt that was giving me such headaches in the previous post, and the recipient loved it, which is deeply satisfying.  I was pleased with it in the end, I admit, although it was only finished in the very nick of time, and I forgot to take a photo before it left...

...yes, I am definitely the worst blogger.  Ah well!  

No comments:

Post a Comment