Monday 15 December 2014

Craft Fairs! All done now, though... oops.

Egads I am the worst.  MOVING ON...

So, me and some more organised and confident mates have set up a little group doing craft fairs about the place.  It seemed like a marvellous "last-push" idea for my aim of reducing my stash!  And then of course, as previously mentioned, lovely Alison generously offered to give me a large bundle of Christmas-themed fabric to use, so it's not been so great on the stash-reductions... but at least I didn't buy anything new?


We did one stall at the village lights switch-on, and another craft market in town, and I must say we didn't do too badly.  I had some Christmassy aprons based mostly on the Seasalt & Stitches pattern with a few tweaks - I lined the bibs, shortened the straps etc - some wheat bags, lavender bags, gift bags and the like.


It all looked terribly festive, even if it was blinkin' cold.  In January I'm hoping to get back onto some quilting, and we'll see if I can sell some crib blankets I've been putting together.  I have a few specifically Christmassy bits left over which I'm listing on my Facebook and will probably take into the Emporium on Wednesday if they have room for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment